Champions of The Forest
Subscribe to this mod
Mod requires BUILDER CORE to work
Don't use this mod with Player Upgrade Points or Ultimate Cheat Menu, they overwrite the same properties and cause unwanted behavior.
Donate you enjoy COTF
How to install:
1.Download this mod and Builder Core.
2.Enable both mods in modapi.
3.Run the game through modapi.
4.Wait for all the extra textures, models and sounds to download.
What are this mod's features?
- Full Peer to Peer multiplayer support!
- There are custom weapons, the first and only mod that adds weapons
- Custom, RPG-style inventory, loot that drops from enemies, new crafting
- Replayability! Try different builds and playstyles until you find one which suits you best.
- Better, faster, harder, stronger enemies that will make encounters more scary and challenging
- Custom stats. A lot of them
- Many of the already in-game mechanics reworked
- Spells to make the combat more dynamic
- Leveling system and upgrade trees - Player upgrade points 2
- Hundreds of perks
- Hundreds of items of different rarities
- More difficulty options and control over game settings
- Localization. Supported languages are Polish and German
- In-game update notes, news and list of amazing supporters and contributors ;)
How to Start
- Start on easy difficulty on as you are level 1.
- Press F4 to open the mod interface.
- Level up by cutting trees, bushes and effigies or hunting down animals... or, if you are brave enough, cannibals.
- Loot and equip custom items
- Buy abilities
- Unlock perks
- Get more levels, health, damage, stamina and recovery.
- Move up a difficulty, obtain better items.
- Beware of the unknown...for you are not the only one who grows in strength.
Known bugs that are not getting patched
- With SSAO set to Amplify models using normal maps (for example Greatsword in hand) appear completely dark. It can be fixed by disabling SSAO or switching to Unity mode
To other mod creators:
I have made this mod open source, as i would like to see the development of modding and of ModAPI.
If you would like to make a mod of your own, and consider any of the changes in Champions of the Forest as useful, you are free to pick up whatever you want and implement it in your project. No need to ask me for permission. Just don't copy the mod entirely and claim it's yours.
If you need help, yo can contact me on COTF discord
Source code on discord: My github
Videos about Champions of The Forest:
AllesKutEnter, the admin of ModAPI, decided that any video i embed will be Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" so here are the unembedded links.
|Toggle Menu||opens and closes the main menu||F4|
|Pick up items||E|
|Equip custom weapon||Alpha5|
|Ping Object||Sygnalize a item, enemy or location to other players. hold z and rightclick to mark an enemy||Z|
videogame_asset The Forest label Worldchanges