Champions of The Forest
Subscribe to this mod
Mod requires BUILDER CORE & BUILDER MENU to work
Don't use this mod with Player Upgrade Points or Ultimate Cheat Menu
How to install:
1.Download this mod and the two listed above.
2.Enable all 3 mods in modapi.
3.Run the game through modapi.
4.Wait for all the extra files to download. Those files contain textures and models.
What are this mod's features?
- There are custom weapons, first and thus far only mod that adds weapons
- It turns the game into a diablo spinoff
- Custom, old fashioned inventory
- Equipement items that drop from enemies
- Enemies have levels, which make them stronger and faster. Some enemies can have special 'elite' abilities that will make players life harder
- Enemies have names. You can kill me, my friends, modapi staff, the forest youtubers and maybe your ex.
- Custom stats. A lot of them
- Many of already in-game mechanics reworked
- Players have spells to make the combat more dynamic
- Leveling system, with upgrade points
- Player upgrade points 2
- A lot of perks to choose from.
- Pretty visuals and Interface
- Buffs, poisons
- 9 more difficulites
- Proper saving - saves at a shelter
- Works in multiplayer. Includes custom enemy stats, casted spells, sharing experience and COTF's item drops.
- Option to enable friendly fire - weapons will deal full damage to other players
- Automatic downloading and verification of extra assets (textures and 3D models).
- In-game update notes, news and list of amazing people ;)
- NO Dedicated server support. Its too wild.
How to Start
Tips & Tricks
- Start on a normal difficulty on level 1.
- You can level up to level 6 rather quickly without fighting anything. Cutting trees, bushes and effigies plus hunting down animals gives enough experience.
- Do not buy spells on early levels. A good first spell is for example "parry" unlocked on level 8. It has decent damage, but it gives health and energy on parry, which is very important on early levels. For the 2 points that have to be spent on a spell, 2 perks will be overall a greater increase in power.
- Use fire. Enemies tend to have a lot of health, and are hard to hit. Additionally armor makes you deal less damage to them than normal. Fire causes cannibals to cease attacking, and with COTF, fire reduces enemy armor.
- It's okay to run from enemies. Some elite abilities are really strong, and you will need increased stats to endure or evade them.
- Try to focus on developing your character in a single path. Spending points in many ways at once is generally a bad idea, as neither will deal enough damage this way.
- If you're playing with other players, splitting roles may be a good idea. Let one player be an archer, other a warrior, 3rd a magic caster. This will allow to split items between players to benefit the most.
- Change difficulty to a higher one as soon as it's possible. Higher difficulties give a lot more experience, and unlock higher tiers of items.
What doesn't this mod feature (as of now):
- Polearm weapon
- Unique properties for some legendary items - Smokey’s quiver, Mutant rings
Known bugs that are not getting patched
- With SSAO set to Amplify models using displacement maps (for example Greatsword in hand) appear completely dark. It can be fixed by disabling SSAO or swtiching to Unity
Difficulty descriptions (Normal-Master) by Alex Armsy :)
34 awesome items added by Kaspito ;)
Did i do a good job making this mod? Do you want to support me?
- Leave a heart on ModAPI
- Consider tipping me on paypal, mods are free to use, but it would be great to earn something from making them. Currently im saving for new RAM sticks and a laptop
To fellow mod creators:
I have made this mod open source, as i would like to see the developement of modding and of ModAPI.
If you would like to make a mod of your own, and consider any of the solutions used in Champions of the Forest as useful, you are free to pick up whatever you want and implement it in your project. No need to ask me for permission. Just don't copy the mod entirely and claim it's yours.
The Sauce: My github
Videos about Champions of The Forest:
|Toggle Menu||opens and closes the main menu||F8|
|Pick up items||E|
|Equip custom weapon||Alpha5|
videogame_asset The Forest label Multiplayer